This is to let you know that I didn’t ignore the Alethea’s Mind nomination for a Liebster Award that you so kindly put forward. Every time I visit your blog to read a post, or two, I know I’m leaving your space a lot more blessed than when I began. I’m amazed at how much wisdom you posses and still continue to acquire. You remind me ever so fondly of young Timothy in the bible, and Jesus . . . ‘And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man’ . . . I pray this will also be your testimony! So thank you again for thinking of this blog as one to discover.
I also want to use this opportunity to thank everyone that has supported this journey, by taking the time out of your very busy schedules to read what I write, by leaving a comment or two, and by sharing it with those you love. I hope I never stop being a vessel through which inspiration and truth will flow from my Father. God bless us all.
Here are the rules:
If you’ve been nominated and you choose to accept the nomination, write a post about the Liebster award in which you:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it.
Once again, I’m grateful to Stefan for this nomination. It makes me realise that obedience is always worth it. And no matter the obstacles we face in life when trying to reach a goal, perseverance always pays off, when we keep the goal in focus. So thank you, Stefan, again and again and again.
Here are the questions Stefan asked me. My answer are found below each one respectively:
- Which is your favourite song?
I don’t really think I have a favourite song. But music moves me in ways that words cannot really describe; and none moves me more than a good piece of classical music!
- What would you name your car?
The car I’m currently driving (borrowed from Boo of life) is called ‘Blue Stallion’. My car on the other hand was never named (the offenders know themselves and will be duly prosecuted😠😤😢😅😂🤣). But I’ll call it the ‘Itsy Bitsy Spider’
- If you could live anywhere in the world for one year, where would you live? ( I wanted to say 1 day, but then that would be silly)
Anywhere I’ll never have to worry about the cold of Winter and hay fever in Spring.
- If you had your own company what would you name it?
I already have an idea of the name. You’ll hear about it when it’s launched 🤩
- Which is your favorite band?
I’ve never taken note of any favourites, but I love BarlowGirl to bits, I hope they get together again.
- Which do you like more: rain or snow?
Rain, of course.
- What is your superpower?
Word artistry. One of the most amazing gifts God freely and graciously gave to me.
- If you could invent anything, what would you invent?
A machine that helps you eat whatever you want without any side-effects, every pun intended (my sweet tooth would be so happy) 😂😂😂
- Which is the best book you’ve ever read?
Any book written by Frank Peretti! (Sorry Bible, you don’t match this category, you’re not a book, you’re LIFE!)
- Which part of blogging do you like most?
Finishing a post, reading it again and hearing in my heart, “It is good” ☺️
- What do you want to pray about, today?
Marriages. A lot of people are going through stuff in their marriages, it’s almost one never-ending mess after the other. But I know God ordained the institution of marriage, and that’s why there are so many battles against it. So I pray for marriages everywhere, that they be surrounded by the peace of the Lord, and remain secure in Him! I pray that husbands will love their wives ever so selflessly and wives will honour the ones they chose to call their head. I pray that it would be a never ending cycle of unconditional love and selfless sacrificial giving and living. And that our ears would be closed to the voices of this world that try to tell us what marriage is not; these voices, no matter how loud, only spew out lies. I pray that someone today will make the decision to stay faithful and committed to the vows they made, and as a reward will find so many other reasons to keep at it. Amen.
Here are 11 random facts about me:
- My name is Oluwatosin. It’s a Yoruba name which means God is worthy of worship, but everyone calls me Tosin. So yeah, my name isn’t Alethea. I named my blog after my niece, Alethea (which means Truth). She was born just in time for my resurrection, and her name was my best option.
- I think I would have been a very good lawyer if I did study law . . . very random, I know.
- I’ve always been very self-conscious of my age, ashamed even. I’ve never wanted to be young or considered as one, because I grew up in a society where young people never really achieved anything and were never really listened to (this is my opinion). But when I turned 30 two years ago, I realised that hiding my age to get the attention I thought I deserved did nothing to help me. People will disregard you anyway, not because you’re young, but because they’re unwise.
- I miss my dad, a lot.
- I really really really want to meet Ravi Zacharias one day. So if you have his number, pretty please . . .
- I cried when Michael Jackson died. That man was all sorts of amazing, and his life taught me to surround myself with not just those who will celebrate me, but those who will always, no matter what, tell me the truth.
- I wish I could play a musical instrument. I really wish I could.
- Like Stefan, I want to do a TED talk one day.
- I wish I could live around my family and not so far away from them.
- I used to be very scared of cooking. With every dish I’ll try to make, I’ll pray so hard that it’ll turn out right. Now, I know it will, God is always cooking with me 😍
- I’m a wife and a mother of two adorable kids, and I’m not ashamed to call myself any of these. It is such a wonderful privilege to be loved.
The questions to my nominees are:
- Is there something you have that you might find very hard to let go of?
- If you could teach a subject, what would it be?
- How do you share the gospel with people around you?
- Apart from writing, what other talents do you have?
- When did you find out that Pluto was removed from the official list of major planets in our solar system?
- How do you support other bloggers in your community?
- If you get the opportunity to meet someone, living or dead, who will it be and why?
- Do you speak more than one language?
- What would you want your life to be known for?
- Android or IOS?
- Will you consider babysitting for a friend so they can go have some time of rest? (Tell me if you eventually got about doing it)
To my readers, do go ahead and answer any or all of the questions in the comment section. I’ll really love you to participate, and to be honest, I really wish I could give you all this award 😍😍😍
To my nominees, I think you deserve this. The format of your blogs may not support this sort of posts, but I’ll love if you accepted it as my little pat on the back to say you’re doing great. Keep inspiring!
- Nduta: https://realtalk2018.wordpress.com
- Eunice: https://beauty4ashes504.wordpress.com
- William: https://walkwithgod.blog
- Iheoma: https://mycommonplacemiracles.wordpress.com
- Mia: https://calledtobeawriter.wordpress.com